Monday, January 05, 2004

It was the girls' first day back to school after the holiday. They did fine. Here's a picture of them right now - they are making pig snorts because they know pig snorts crack me up! Hank got to stay home and play trains with Mommy. We moved the train table up from the basement and he can spend HOURS pushing those trains around the track.


I'm including a picture of the finished bunk bed, painted, and with the bed linens from Nee Nee. The girls just love it.

I had an eye doctor appointment today. Good news - my eyes are stable - no new hemorrhages and the cataracts have not progressed. He did say that diabetes prematurely ages the eye and even though I'm on the young side I should expect to go to bifocals in the next year or two. We had a LONG wait - over an hour, which wasn't easy with the kids, but we had a few bathroom visits, and Rene practiced reading to Hank and Corrina, and really, they did fine. There were a lot of people in the waiting room and the room was so silent (except for my kids), with everyone kind of unhappy about the wait. But the best part of our visit was after 45 minutes or so, one woman in the waiting room spoke up and was going on about how impressed she was with my children and how patient I was with them. So other people chimed in at how impressed they were, and then the whole room started talking and laughing about their own children and became really quite pleasant and friendly. Amazing how kids can get everybody to open up. And it was nice to get all the compliments on the kids. :-)

No comments :