Tony and I went to a sports auction and dinner last night with our friends Michael and Diane. It was a fundraiser for the school, and they had some very nice items to auction off. Our friends won a trip to Philadelphia, symphony tickets, and a football autographed by Franco Harris. Franco is the Steeler who caught the infamous "Immaculate Reception" years ago, but I know him for his lasagna recipe, which I discovered in a Pittsburgh cookbook and use exclusively. Turns out Michael's mom also uses Franco's recipe! How many Pittsburghers must use his recipe! Tony bid on a spa package for me ... and won :)
Thanks to Diane for taking a rare picture of Tony and me - one of us is usually behind the camera!
By request, here is a link to Franco's lasagna recipe that includes a printable view.
I went through a lot of so-so lasagna recipes before I stumbled onto this perfect, tasty one, and I have used it for years now. I believe the secret to Franco's recipe is the wine and popping the onion into the blender with the sauce. I also like that it does not require pre-boiling the noodles. I make it with DeBoles gluten free lasagna noodles (I buy them by the case from Amazon) and it tastes as good as regular. Enjoy! (Jerry you will have to let me know if it's as good as what you can get in Italy!)
No comments :
Post a Comment