Wednesday, November 03, 2010
Hank raised a total of $1601 in his JDRF diabetes walk this year! Thank you all for supporting Hank in his efforts. Awards ceremony is in two weeks and Hank will add another Golden Sneaker Award to his collection! He has won a Golden Sneaker Award every year since 2005! :) Hank has been doing great with his diabetes. He checks his own blood at least 5 or 6 times a day (I love it when he says, "I'm just going to wash my hands first in case there's anything sticky on my hands"), operates his pump independently, and can count the grams of carbs in his food as good as I can! I'll often catch him with some food or drink and ask "Hank, did you bolus for that?" and more often than not he has already bolused the correct amount! We've even been able to let him sleep over at friends' houses recently. We send his gluten free food, and the moms wake Hank up at 3am so he can do a night blood sugar check! :)

No comments :
Post a Comment